Sunday, August 24, 2008

Home again, home again

Whew, it has been insane trying to get home from Illinois. First off, we were supposed to leave Wednesday, but the airline lied to me. I had called three times to verify the pet policy and I thought I was good to go. But when we got there and were trying to check in, they said it was going to be an extra $200 and we needed pet reservations. So, we rescheduled our flight for Saturday and I called a therapist I talked to right after the accident. Long story short, my kittens are officially "emotional support animals" and as service animals, they fly free!
Saturday night we got into Phoenix to find out that Suzanne had to work, so we didn't have a ride anymore. But all's well that ends well, right? Luckily we were only waiting about 45 min before we got it all worked out. The real fun came later!
When Suzanne finally got off work and dropped off our car, Dan and I headed to the ER. He had been having pain in the right side of his abdomen that got worse and worse as the day went on. Four hours and two doses of morphine later, the final verdict is Gallstones. Dan thinks that we're cursed because whenever we come home from Illinois, he comes back broken. The last time, it was his back..this time he gets to have surgery! Yay! Just kidding, he's actually not that excited about it. He's actually pretty nervous about it. And the really fun part is that as he was doubled over in pain, all of a sudden I contracted so we were both holding hands crying. Apparently Nate is a sucker for attention, or just very sympathetic. Because when Daddy's hurting, Mommy gets to too.

1 comment:

Coree Adams said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Poor Dan! When is he having surgery?