Sunday, December 14, 2008

Drama, Drama, Drama

Let me just say, to start, that I should never, never, NEVER make plans. It just doesn't work out. Like this weekend, for instance. I had planned to go to the Anderson family Christmas Gingerbread house making party/get together Saturday morning. Followed by seeing Zoolights in the evening with Suzanne, Joe and Lilly. Alas, it was not meant to be....
Late, late Friday night, as I was making a fruit salad, and washing out the pan I planned to make cinnamon rolls in for the brunch in the morning, Nate woke up. He was absolutely inconsolable until he finally fell asleep about 10 min. before Uncle Ryan called. It's actually lucky that Nate kept us up all night because otherwise we wouldn't have been awake to hear that Ryan and his roommate, Jay (a very mean boy who I've known since grade school and who threw rocks at me when I rode my bike by his house one time), had gotten into a fight and Ryan had been thrown out. So, instead of being sound asleep at 4am, Dan, Nate and I were off to Maricopa.
When we got home, with Ryan in tow, we all decided that we would spend Saturday morning packing and moving Ryan's stuff into Nana's condo (where Dan and I are staying). So, I call my dad and ask to borrow his truck, and I look up UHAUL places to see how much it will cost to rent a trailer. Dan was the first to crash. Both he and Ryan pointed out that it didn't make much sense to get the truck too much earlier than the rental place opened. Well, I spent 2 hours trying to wake Dan up so we could get an early start. At 10 am, after texting to say we couldn't make the gingerbread get together (after I had even made my own gingerbread), having my dad call to confirm that we were actually going to need his truck, and entertaining a now fully alert Nathan, I fed the boy and we both fell asleep. Needless to say, I was less than thrilled when my husband tried to rouse me a mere four hours later, citing a need to get going.
Luckily for us, Spencer was willing and able to lend a helping hand, and the 5 of us (Nate included) headed back to Maricopa, and from 3 to 6 we loaded up all Ryan's stuff. Since we didn't get back to Dad's til 6:45, I had to call and cancel Zoolights with Suzanne too. Which really sucks because I've been looking forward to that for the last two weeks, and with restarting work next week, who knows when I'll be able to make it. Oh well, que sera, sera. I will also admit to being more than a little concerned. Because we still needed the truck, and Spencer had plans with his friends, and he had already arranged with Dad to use the truck, I ended up having to swap cars with him. So he has my poor Corolla, out who knows where, doing who knows what, up till all hours of the night.
And the fun didn't stop there. Once we made it back to the condo, Dan was having way too much trouble backing the truck and trailer up, Nate was screaming and I ended up having to take over. Luckily I learned how to back up the tractor/trailers at Pepsi before going out on maternity leave. We got the truck and trailer unloaded, and then brought a load over to Dad's because Dan and I are actually in the process of moving in with him for a couple of months. You see, this summer when we were in Illinois, Nana kicked us out not once, but twice. Then promptly forgot and couldn't understand what my problem was. But, that's Nana for you. Oh well. So, we agreed to be out by the end of the year, but since we don't know if Dan's going to get the internship yet, we don't know where we'll be living. So not only can we not buy a house, we can't even really sign a lease and move into an apartment. So, we're off to Dad's.
Currently we are moving Ryan's stuff in, our stuff out, and trying to get Nana's stuff out of storage and back into the condo. Simultaneously. And if that's not stressful enough, add a 2 month old into the mix.
Sorry if I sound a little bitter, but I am! Seriously, all I wanted to do this weekend was build a gingerbread house, see some Christmas lights, and help Dad put up his Christmas decorations. So far I've missed two, and I'll miss the third because I'll either be unloading/rearranging or else I'll just be too exhausted. Either way, that tree is going to be trimmed without me. :(

1 comment:

Coree Adams said...

Oh man!! That's rough. You and Dan are sweet to help him out though. Miss you guys!