Friday, January 16, 2009

Bad Steroids

I've got to say I do NOT enjoy taking steroids.
I picked up a bug somewhere the week after Christmas. I thought it was gone and done, but it came back to kick my trash this week. Long story short, I ended up in urgent care b/c I couldn't get an apt, and my throat/face/mouth was so swollen I looked like a chipmunk and couldn't completely close my mouth. Turns out I picked up a bug that's been going around. Apparently this particular bug likes turning from a cough/cold into bronchitis/laryngitis which it did in my case. So, when I find out where/who this pain in the butt bug came from I'm going to kick their trash!!!
This makes the second night in a row that I took my steroid pack (fights the bronchial infection) and was totally wired. Last night I was up til 5am cleaning and doing laundry. Tonight it's almost 3 am and I'm just settling down. The worst part is that with the meds I'm on I can't nurse. So Nate gets primarily formula for the next week cause I only had a 2-3 day reserve in the freezer.
I just can't figure out where this crap came from. I haven't been around anyone I'm not related to lately. And everyone I know obviously knows that I have a baby so I can't imagine that a friend/family member would knowingly and willingly expose my infant to such a nasty illness.
I just hope that I don't end up with a diminished supply by the end of the week. I will be INCREDIBLY PISSED OFF if I end up having to give up breastfeeding and switch to formula.
Well, enough of this sleepy, crazy rambling (as a result of the steroids and Nate's schedule I got a grand total of 4 1/2 hours sleep last night). I think I'm going to lay in bed in the dark until I get too bored to stay up any longer. Happy Thursday to all, and to all a good-night!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

So sorry you are sick. I hope the steroids help. When I take the steroids I always end up gainng 30 pounds so I have decided I will only take them if the alternative is death. Last year my husbsnd got the steroids and ended up getting better really quickly. In case you are wondering who I am, I am Megan Beatty's mom. I enjoy reading your blog because you and your husband are both so clever.