Friday, January 30, 2009

craziness......

Ok, I know that I've been a major slacker around here lately. What can I say? I can only support one online addiction at a time! LOL...anyway, I have recently discovered the wonderful world of babycenter.com groups and messaging boards. And it takes a lot of time to keep up with all 3257 people on all the boards I'm a member of.
Although I have been busy in real life too. Monday, Dan and I watched Elara in the morning, and we had SO much fun. She was such a happy, fun little girl and the two kiddos had a bunch of fun together. On a related note, Nate rolled over for the first time on Monday. I know that he's been mobile for a while now, but I've never seen it. He's just always in a different spot and different position when he wakes up vs. when I put him to bed. So, on the one hand, I was really really excited to see him roll over. But, his timing sucked. I was holding Elara, sitting on the ground with my legs crossed. Nate was on a blue mat, covered with blankets when he rolled over and fell onto the tile! I freaked out and managed to scare both babies into a frenzy of tears and screams, but Nate wasn't hurt at all.
In other news, my brother, Spencer, has decided that he wants to be a chef, so Dad bought him a Williams Sonoma cookbook. We decided to make braised lamb shoulder chops, that took over 2 hours with prep/cook time. So, when we were all done and we plated up the food it looked delicious. The meat was sooo tender and the sacue was delicious. The only problem: neither of us had ever eaten lamb. Turn out, we don't like lamb. So, after all that, we ended up going out for McDonalds! Good times. At least we got a funny story out of it, and Dad really loved it.

No comments: