Friday, September 18, 2009

frusteration

Ugh, today has been........interesting. Something that should have been so good and so happy turned into a big source of frusterations and hurt and negative emotion. I know that the negatives will fade and the awesomeness of the situation will shine through, but right now I'm just so irritated! I don't know why I'm surprised when people act in a manner consistant with their personality. I guess what really annoys me is the glaring hypocrisy. If I had done what this person did today They would have trash talked me to everyone we know and been pissed and refused to talk to me for a week or two, and would have brought it up every now and again, especially whenever a similar circumstance arose. I handled a similar situation with as much tact and compassion and consideration for their feelings as I could, and still got a negative reaction. Again, news that should have been a source of extreme happiness and joy turned into me standing there for 10 min. hearing about how it was crap and how everyone else did the same thing, and how this person was constantly wronged. I got a "oh, well I'm happy for you, but can you see where I'm coming from? It just sucks. And at least you actually came out and told me, persons x, y and z never even told me, I'm always the last one to know and I have to hear it from someone else." blah, blah, blah. I'm sorry that what you want didn't happen on your timetable. But for goodness sake, that was my day. Why does everything have to be about you? Fast forward to today: this same person has found the most impersonal, uncaring way to spread the word to the masses. Would it really have killed them to wait a day and share the news in person? Then go ahead and slap it up all over internet land. Whatever
As I said, I really am happy for this person. I know that this is big news for them, and that it's something they've dreamed of for years now. I'm irritated at how I heard, not what. Grrr

No comments: