Monday, November 12, 2007

the first of many sleepy ramblings

well I knew I titled my blog the way I did for a reason. It is now 5:49am on a beautiful Monday morning. Because I seem to be some kind of masochist I decide that rather than get some much needed sleep, I would browse the Internet, read some blogs and post one of my own. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but...I woke up at about 6:30am yesterday to get some housework done before church.
But I do have some exciting news to report. Yesterday I saw Bishop Hardy and got a recommend for a patriatical blessing. So now I just have to call the stake patriarch and set everything up. Yay! And we also talked about me going to the Temple (for my endowments/initories? I think he said something like that--either way, for my first time stuff!) and we're going to talk some more next month and set a target date for probably some time in January, I think. So that is incredibly exciting to me.
I just can't believe that it's already been six months since Dan and I got married. In April we can be sealed, hopefully with Devon too. But that's still being worked out. The Bishop and the Stake president are trying to figure out how and if it will work. It's kind of ironic, but actually the fact that Devon has passed may actually make it easier to have me, him and Dan sealed together..go figure. I guess every cloud does have a silver lining

3 comments:

Brandon and Mandi Hemming said...

Hey girlie!! I am so glad you have a blog!! It's so much fun!! I'm glad to hear that everything is going good for you guys!! I was sad I didn't get to talk to you at the blessing- we left right after Ashlee was blessed anyway- Call me so we can hang out or go to dinner :) Oh yeah- I wont be going to Grandmas for Thanksgiving-sorry-hope you guys have fun :) LOVE YOU AND DAN!!

CF Is Not Forever said...

Yeah Rachel has a blog! Woo hoo! LOVE IT!

Coree Adams said...

That is soooo great Rachel! I hope that will all work out. I can't wait, I hope we are invited :)