Sunday, November 18, 2007

He makes me crazy/I love it when

Try this: you get to make a list of various things that your husband/significant other does that makes you crazy. The catch is that after every one you have to list two things he does that you love.

1. When he unloads the dishwasher, he doesn't sort any of the silverware.
1a. When he unloads the dishwasher, without being asked.
1b. I come home from work and find him asleep on the couch because he didn't want to go to bed alone.

2. When I find his dirty socks scattered throughout the house.
2a. We're sitting in the living room and he gets up out of nowhere and gives me a kiss.
2b. We get into the truck and he leaves the radio station where it is (even though he doesn't like country)

3. When I have to wake him up over and over again for him to get up and get ready for church.
3a. He holds my hand during prayers.
3b. He talks about taking me to the Temple.

4. When he makes me drive so that he can keep reading his book.
4a. We're in a group setting and he volunteers to pray so that I won't be asked. (I'm not quite comfortable praying out loud in public)
4b. We're at home and he asks me to pray.

5. When he invites people over and the house is a mess.
5a. I get home from work and he makes me lay down and rubs my back.
5b. We are sharing a dessert and he saves me the last bite


I noticed that when I started this I was mildly irritated (I had just sorted silverware and went on a sock hunting expedition) But towards the end I was struggling to come up with anything to fill the first slot, but I had tons of things I'm grateful for and that I love about him. Just goes to show you how easy it is to change your perception.

3 comments:

CF Is Not Forever said...

I love this idea! You are hilarious by the way! POlly and Roy are coming down here this year for our Thanksgiving so we aren't going up at all, what a rip off!

Coree Adams said...

That was awesome, I need to do that! ESPECIALLY when I'm a little preterbed at the man!

Sara L said...

Rachel, what a great idea...Didn't know all that cute stuff about Dan...Love you both!