Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Another beautiful day in Paradise

Well, it's been a fun and hectic past few weeks.

Thanksgiving at Grandma's was a BLAST!!! Suzanne and I decided that we definately need to visit Grandma more often. Dan drove all the way up and in spite of my directions he didn'teven get lost. (though I don't see what's wrong with Go to Payson, make a right at the McDonalds, then a left two Circle k's later; follow the signs toward Snowflake/Taylor-I don't know which is on the sign-then wake me or Suzanne up.) It was also a good opportunity for Dan to meet some family members he hasn't come across yet. Apparently a few hours notice before the wedding isn't enough time to introduce your fiancee to the whole family. Well, beter late than never. I cannot believe how big Mikaila Leslie and Connor are getting. And I found out that Josh is getting married. I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that he's not my 14-year-old cousin riding horses/bulls and shooting bids with his bb gun. But unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera, so no fun pics. Though I do have other fun pics.

My little sister-the one who I used to walk to the bus stop and pay to do my chores-finallyy turned 18! More on that later. Once again, *sigh* I forgot my camera so I had to pick up a dispoible and I'm finding it kind of hard to take 27 non-digital pics. Once I get the film developed I'll post pics and details.

Dan and I got to babysit our adorable nephew Jackson. It's not the first time but it was the first time at our place. And, at a huge personal emotional cost I dug through "the closet" (duhn, duhn, duhn-ominous tone) to get some fun fun toys . Actually I think it's a good sign that it wasn't a huge personal emotional cost to go through "the closet" (duhn, duhn, duhn). One of these days I may even get rid of the "quotation marks" and ominous tone. LOL.



Jack was insanely amused by his uncle tossing up a foam ball in the air. That captured his attention until he realized that sneaky AuntRachel had a camera poised to take his picture.
One thing I realized real quick was that my home has become non child safe in a BIG hurry. I mean, earlier this year myhome was child proofed to the max. I mean, it has to be with a two year old boy running around. But Jack found scissors, DVDs to knock over, the XBOX console wih its bright buttons, XBOX controler with accompanying wires, etc (Before you freak out Sara, Dan and I got to everything as he was making discoveries, so he didn't get to play with any of the cool, but forbidden stuff)

2 comments:

Coree Adams said...

I am so glad you had such a great Thanksgiving. I really wish we could have made it up there! Maybe next year. Love you guys!

CF Is Not Forever said...

Your an awesome aunt! Oh and cousin too! Hey did I mention you crack me up and I missed you not blogging. You are hilarious on this thing!