Friday, December 28, 2007

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night

It was a fun and crazy holiday this year. My in-laws came in from Illinois!!!! And needless to say Dan and I are so psyched to see them. Christmas Eve was the traditional Anderson family home evening. It's cute..the younger cousins dress up and act out the nativity story, there's a cousin gift exchange, Dan's dad reads the Grinch, and we all eat a huge and awsome dinner.
Christmas itself was insane. We had so many palces to go and no way to get there! The morning started at my sister-in-law's house. Sara is amazing. I have no idea how she got so festive and Chrstmasy and got her house ready so quicky for her parents and sister to stay over and for us to all come and celebrate. But somehow she does it. (But major props to Sara for even getting in the spirit. On Christmas Eve I masterminded a plan to get some white out and erase Christmas from everone's calanders) It was way fun. Mom cried a couple of times, so we know she loved it, and I got tears from Dan with "Santas" ornaments. There's the obligatory Our first Christmas, but I also ---I mean, Santa also-- got a family ornamts with 3 bears that says "the Anderson's a forever family"
From there it was off to my sister's. Suzanne organized an amazing Christmas dinner. In spite of the fact that since she's just starting out she has no mixing or serving bowls, no dishes, no silverware, and she's never really been a big cooker. She got everone to come together and organiezed who brought what and she herself cooked the roast, and turkey (a little help with the turkey, but still her work). It was amazing. but there was an even bigger shock, that I am not at liberty to divulge.
Then back to the Lines house for another dinner, and fun family time. I wish I had some pictures, but Dan's camera died Christmas morning at his sister's, and mine died that afternoon at my sister's. So, I'm thinking late christmas=a new camera?? hmmm

2 comments:

Coree Adams said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys had a great first Christmas!

CF Is Not Forever said...

Not at liberty to divulge! What, we need to see Suzy Q here and now. That's it were coming over now.

Nice work on the tears and stuff - those are always the best presents!