Thursday, June 26, 2008

I don't know if it's good news or bad...

Work has been absolutely insane lately. We are really short handed right now, and with the Fourth of July coming up that equals a ton of hours. Like this week..by the end of my fourth day of work I was at 38.5 hours. Needless to say, this hasn't exactly been helpful with the swelling issues I've been having lately. I finally had to call my doctor because my circulation was so bad that my foot/leg was falling asleep while I was walking! So, she put me on an eight-hour shift restriction. So basically I can do every single aspect of my job...I just can't do it longer than 8 hours at a time. But Pepsi, for liability issues, won't allow anyone to work if they have any restrictions at all. So, at 24 weeks pregnant, I've got to go out on maternity leave. So, on the one hand I'm happy that I get to stay at home and spend time with Danny, but on the other hand I think I may go insane not working until December. And I'm not sure if I'll still have a job then because my job is only secure for the first 12 weeks, then they can backfill it. Oh well, que sera, sera.

1 comment:

Coree Adams said...

Oh wow! Well hopefully you will have your job, but most importantly you will have an adorable baby to show for it!