Friday, June 6, 2008

What a week!!

ok, this has been an insane and hectic week. Fist off, last week I only worked three days, after being off for two weeks. So needless to say, getting back into the swing of things was not fun. Especially since I keep getting bigger and bigger and more and more tired, so standing all night is not fun at all! In addition, we had 3 guys out with injuries, so our crew was seriously diminished, and we've got an inspection audit coming up next week, so it is extremely busy.
This week I have had to reevaluate my sock choices - by the way, if anyone has ideas/suggestions on how to keep your socks from cutting into swollen, pregnant ankles I would greatly appreciate them. I don't remember what I did with Devon- and, the day came that I have been dreading for the past month.
Last night I had to take off my wedding ring. It just isn't fitting on my big pregnant hippo fingers, and it was cutting in so much it started to hurt. It's actually been off for almost 24 hours and there's still the indentation on my finger from where it was digging in. But let me tell you, I did NOT want to take it off yet. Because now I know I won't get it back on till probably November at the earliest, and I am devastated. When I got home from work, I actually cried about it. And not just gentle weeping, but all out, heaving sobs of misery that left Dan's shirt and my pillow drenched and snotted on. The thing is, my wedding ring is so special to me. Danny picked it out himself for me...he took me shopping with him, but he's the one who found my set and I LOVE it. And it's a sign to anyone that sees me that I am a married woman with a wonderful husband who loves me very much. It is the ring that he put on my hand the day that we were married. And I haven't really taken it off since we got married. (except to have it sized and soldered-and I cried a little then too) All in all, it's very traumatic.
Aside from work, my home life was crazy busy this week too. This week Dan and I started class. We are taking biology together and I am super excited to be back in class even if it's only one. Two days a week we're in class from 12:30 to 5, which gives me an hour to go home, eat, decide not to cook anything for dinner, get ready for work, and leave. It's a lot of fun though, I never took biology, I had Chem and Physics in high school.
Like I said, it's been a heck of a week!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Rachel you are so cute. Get a nice chain and put your wedding ring on it and wear around your neck until you have your little man. Just think it will be close to your heart then.

Coree Adams said...

Wow good for you! That's amazing that you and Dan are taking a class together. How much fun would that be? I hear ya on the wedding band thing. When I was pregnant with Dane it came off, after he was born I got it on for about 4 days because it got stuck. I FINALLY got it off and it didn't go back on until Bryan got it resized for me for Valentine's Day. So I only got to wear it for about 8 months. I was pretty sad. It's nice to have it back! You'll get there my dear. And you will have an ADORABLE baby to show for it.

Leigh said...

For our anniversary, Robert and I took my ring in to have a diamond replaced, to have the gold replated, AND to have it resized! I am right there with you on not being able to part with my ring. I was so miserable the week while it was away. Unfortunately, when I got it back it seemed just as tight as before. Maybe you could get it resized. Then, near the end of the pregnancy, you can put it on a chain and wear it like Lisa recommended. That is my plan. I don't have any suggestions on the sock thing... I haven't started to swell in my ankles. Just my belly!

CF Is Not Forever said...

An alien body when your pregnant can be frustrating! Did Suzie have her baby yet? Good for you on biology I loved my biology class, lots of fun! Although taking classes with my husband a couple of years ago just turned out to be twice the work....for me!!