Wednesday, June 18, 2008

an update, even though there's not much to say

Well, hmm.....I feel like kind of a slacker since I haven't posted in forever. School is going well, it's a lot of fun having a class with Danny. But it kind of sucks too because I end up doing the tests first (they're online) then whatever problems I miss, he sees and can anticipate them and he get 100's whereas, I do not. So, this week he has to go first!
Work has been absolutely insane this week! We've been getting out between 5 and 6 in the morning. But I guess that's what happens when half of a skeleton crew gets fired in one day. Three of my builders decided last week to turn the lunch hour into happy hour. On company property....in the secure, monitored parking lot....parked near where our supervisor parks. Needless to say, not a good idea.
Oh, one little tibit here. My mother called me this morning. I was a little less than thrilled though because I was crawling into bed, dreading waking up for class in 5 hours when all of a sudden my phone goes off. The really disappointing part is that I guess it was a mistake or a pocket call, because I could hear the background noises, but got no response when I tried to say hi. I assume that it was a pocket call anyway. Who knows?
Suzanne has not had her baby yet. That's kind of a good thing though. She still doesn't have a name picked out for her poor baby yet. And she's due in just a couple of weeks, July 7th. I requested vacation time for that week, so I'm excited on multiple levels. First off, this is my first totally legitimate niece. No matter what, this kiddo is related to me. Cause my first nephew isn't a nephew anymore...not since the divorce anyway.....and I'd lose the Aunt title with Jack too if anything ever happened with me and Danny. Not that I'm really worried about that, but it's something to think about. Anyway....can you tell I'm sleepy, I'm a little more rambly than usual (and is rambly a word?-wow, I just did a side note inside of a side note......anyway, I'm excited for her, but also because I get really excited when I don't have to go to work. I think that might be a sign that I'm not in a good job right now. Oh well, I'll probably only be there for another 4 weeks anyway.
So, that's whats up with me. And now it's off to bed to get whatever sleep I can before I start it all over again!

1 comment:

CF Is Not Forever said...

THanks for the update - I love your rambles no matter what!