Saturday, July 19, 2008

A day in my life:

I just know that everyone out there in Internet land is dying to know what, for me, makes an exciting Saturday. So I decided to post today's events.
1:30am-I realize that it's 1:30 in the morning, and the friendly people at Oasis Bedroom never called to tell me when they're coming.
2:00am-I realize that they're probably coming in the morning, before 11 and that I should get to sleep.
3:00am-I finally put down my latest cross stitch project and turn off the light.
3:30am-I finally turn off the tv and go to bed.
8:30am-I ignore the alarm going off until Dan gets up and shuts if off (it drives him way more crazy than me, so I can usually out wait him)
10:39am-the people from Oasis Bedroom call saying that since they can't get anyone to answer the door, they're leaving and want to know when I want to reschedule
10:40am-I am dressed and running to the door!
~~~~~from this point on, I have pictures to more vividly chronicle the remainder of the morning
As you can see, Dan and I had to quickly get everything off the floor while the guys were backing up their truck. And the bathroom area was the easiest to cram stuff into. Unfortunately for Princess, when I asked Dan to get the animals out of the way, he thought the bathroom would be a good place for her, so she was the last to be freed.

the kitties were a little luckier, they got the closet. But as you can see, Felix was already plotting her escape. For some reason, none of the animals like to be confined. The cats, for instance, love to get into my closet and bat at the ties on my dresses, or long skirts, or Dan's ties. But when we put them in, and shut the door, they cry like they've been beaten.**

**no kitties were beaten during this or any other process



As the kitties were crying, and contemplating escape, and Princess was waiting patiently for her own release, the burly, tough, and helpful Oasis Bedroom guys were setting up our awesome new furniture!



Before we knew it, our room was all put together (just ignore the stuff that's still in the bathroom area) and it was time to free the critters.


"Hey, I think I found a way out"

"Hurry, let's make a break for it. Here she comes again!!!!"


Both Felix and Snowball were much happier to be playing again, but Felix still kinda looks suspicious of me.
3:15pm-I turn to Dan and say "promise me"
"promise what?" "just promise" "tell me what" "PROMISE!" "OK, I promise" "YAY!!!! Let's go to the Temple" "that's what I promised?" "yup" "why wouldn't you just tell me? I would have said yes" "it's more fun this way"
At which point, Dan rolled his eyes at me, and started changing into nicer clothes.
3:30pm-off to McDonald's for our traditional pre-Temple snack (every time we've gone we've stopped McDonalds on the way)
3:45pm-Baptisms!!! (I had never done them before, and Dan hadn't done baptisms in about 7 years)
5:30pm-All done-with warm, fuzzy, happy feelings.
7:00pm-off to the game store to pick up a brand new board game because we're geeks like that and a wild night for us consists of snackies, Hogan's Heroes playing on the TV, playing board games till we're too tired to keep our eyes open. (Or at least until I'm too tired to keep my eyes open)

No comments: