Friday, July 4, 2008

SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't posted this yet for three main reasons.
1. I wanted to finish "the rest of the story"

2. Others needed an opportunity to be the first to say anything

3. it has been an insane, crazy, hectic week!


But the cool, exciting news is........


This is my niece, Lillian Eternity Serrano, at an impressive 3 days old. She was born at 8:20pm on Sunday, June 29th (hmmm, I know that day has some other significance....maybe Maylee can remind me) weighing in at 8lb, 3oz and measuring 21inches! My dorky sister didn't tell anyone she was even in labor until 8:30, at which point Dan and I raced to the hospital to see her. Isn't she precious????

She came home on Tuesday (again, I just got a text that afternoon saying btw, we came home this morning!) Ans she and her mommy were doing great!

The past few days have been a little less certain and more hectic though. Thursday morning as her parents were getting ready to take her to her first doctor appointment, she was running a fever. So I picked the little family up and took them in earlier than originally anticipated. The final diagnosis was dehydration (she was down a full pound!) and jaundice. So, she's been back in the hospital but she got a blessing, and lots of fluids, and lots of attention & love (all the nurses keep commenting on her, calling her a doll-not to mention Suzanne and Joe have been there talking to her, and using every opportunity to hold her and talk to her-also Dan and I have been in to see her everyday). Her Billie Ruben (jaundice) level went from 23 (yikes!) when she got there Thursday to just 9 as of Saturday morning, and Friday night she was back up to 8 pounds!

Right now we're all praying for a quick recovery so that Lilly can go home again with her mommy and daddy all happy, healthy and strong. Not that it would take much on the happy part. She doesn't even cry when they try to get blood samples, or cath her, she just doesn't like the goggles she has to wear in the incubator and tries to push them off!

4 comments:

Coree Adams said...

Oh my goodness she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm gonna email you.

Lisa said...

What cute little girl.... Congrulations Aunt Rachel and also mommy Suzanne. Oh I can't forget Grandpa Scott.

Bushman's said...

She is BEAUTIFULL. I just can't get over it. What more can I say!!!

Brandon and Mandi Hemming said...

She is so cute!! Tell Suzanne Congrats!!