Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Kitchen...aka, the blender graveyard

So I've been doing a lot of preparing and freezing of veggies and whatnot lately. Apparently this is causing a bit of a strain on the blending/pureeing machines that live in my kitchen. The first to go was the wal-mart brand blender. The bottom of the pitcher part was plastic, so the continued heavy usage caused it to melt to the power base. That was awesome. Just as I was finishing with the yellow squash, I smelled the strange burning smell of melting plastic. So I turned to my backup magic bullet. And halfway through the carrots, the motor went out. So all of a sudden I've got 2 pounds of steamed carrots, 2 heads of cauliflower, and 4 bunches of broccoli and no way to do anything with them. At least I hadn't started cooking the sweet potatoes or butternut squashes yet. Thought I do have to admit to being very disappointed. Very Very disappointed. Dan and Ryan were all excited about the new World of Warcraft game version, Wrath of the Lich King, coming out tonight. They decided to head to Wal-Mart and stand in line to get their copies. So, Nate and I tagged along and I got me a shiny new blender. With a food processor attachment. Yay.
Wow, that kinda makes us seem lame. My big thing today was getting a new blender so that I could finish pureeing veggies, and my husband stood in line for an hour with his brother to get the newest version of his favorite video game. of course that's not all we did today. I was all excited because I got to go out, and I brought a purse instead of a diaper bag. A PURSE!!! Granted, it was to the dentists office, and he drilled away at two teeth. But I took a PURSE!! And later Suzanne watched the little guy for us while I took the big guy to urgent care. He has had an ear ache for the past 3 weeks, and today it hurt so bad that he didn't go to school. He had an appointment for Friday, but when I saw him lying in quiet pain on the couch, I decided we should go tonight. Turns out that not only is his ear all red and inflamed looking, he has a wax build up that makes is hard to even see the infected part. But, every cloud has a silver lining. That made the second time in one day that I left the house with a purse, a PURSE, and NO diaper bag!!

No comments: