Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How lucky I am

I just feel so lucky and so blessed right now. I have a sweet baby---wait, scratch that. I have a sweet little man child. As much as I wish it wasn't so, there is no way I can still refer to my wild child as a baby. Except in the sense that he will always be my baby, even when he's 70 and a grandpa. Anyway, semantics aside, Nate is so sweet, and I am lucky to get to be his mommy.
I have a wonderful husband who loves me more than I deserve. How many people get to pretty much grow up with their best friend and soul mate? Dan and I met when we were 14 years old. Now, 10 years later, we're still good friends, and he still makes my stomach flutter. I can't believe that next month it will be 10 years since we met that afternoon in 5th period Spanish.
The end of the month marks the 3 year anniversary of my joining the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. One of the most significant days of my life. Some days I can't believe how lucky I am. Even after all the mistakes I've made, after all the deliberate bad choices I have made in my life, a way has been made for me to return to live with my Father in Heaven and with my family. I remember sitting in the Temple, and thinking "wow, I get all this, and all I have to do is be good?" It seems too unbalanced. I almost feel like I'm taking advantage of Heavenly Father. The blessings that I have received and that I have been promised seem like too much in return for the few, small things I've been asked for in return.
I have so much going for me right now. And seemingly small things make me happy. Like my Primary President sent me an email today. Sunday I got an email from her saying that the Primary had the responsibility for cleaning the ward building and asking for help, and apologizing for the short notice. Today's email said "Thank you! I know I can always count on the Andersons!" That made my day. I love that I am becoming the type of person who others find dependable. I know that hasn't always been the case. I don't know why, but it just gives me the warm fuzzies. I love it!
I LOVE MY LIFE!!!!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

It is nice to hear about your blessings. Thanks for sharing!