Monday, December 28, 2009

Dan's Birthday fun

I'm trying to be better about posting on the blog, but I'm still kind of behind. Dan's 25th Birthday was on Saturday. He did have to work, but we managed to have lots of fun before hand. He had his free grand slam at Dennys, got a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts, and then we went mini golfing. I haven't been mini golfing in years, I had forgotten how much fun it is. The best part is that we had Nate with us, and he LOVED it. The lady at the golf counter gave Nate his own putter that he carried around and tripped over, and we found an extra ball in one of the water pond thingys. So Nate got to putt around with his own putter and ball. Dan worked with him so much and Nate actually putted a hole, with a considerable amount of help :D
It was so much more fun than the first time we went to golfland together. In the positive addition column, Nate was discovering the joys of mini golf. Another considerable plus was that it was just the three of us, and there was no one hitting us with her golf club. Nate managed to make it all 18 holes without clubbing either of us once. A much better track record than his aunt who managed to hit her date, and Dan with clubs and balls, and then smacked me intentionally just so I didn't feel left out, I guess.
When we got home we found out that Cristi had dropped off a birthday cake for Danny. He was excited b/c his birthday usually gets overlooked what with all the festivities of the Christmas season. I was a little bummed b/c it interfered with my plans to surprise my husband with either a home made layer cake or an ice cream cake (I hadn't completely made up my mind yet) when he got home from work. Needless to say, that didn't end up happening. After all, what's the point of making a cake when a 9x13 cake is dropped off for 2 people? Luckily everyone has been home today, so we've put a small dent in it. But I'm probably still going to end up throwing half of it out. So, if I had made or bought a cake, it would have been that much more waste. Oh well, c'est la vie. After all, I'll have another chance next year for a meaningful gesture for my husband on his birthday. But the important part is that Dan appreciated it.
As I said, Dan did end up having to work. So that sucked, but on the plus side, they let him go early. Yay! All in all, Dan says that he had a good birthday. I got him a board game that he's been wanting. It's called small world, I think. We haven't played it yet, but I'm sure we'll pull it out soon. Dan says it got good reviews and what not, so he's really looking forward to that.
And that's about it for birthday festivities. At least that's it for my "family-friendly" blog ;)

No comments: