Friday, May 16, 2008

the lighter side of things

I have to say, I am certainly looking forward to next weekend. And not just for the obvious, church/spiritual reasons. Tomorrow my sil and I are going out to get me all the stuff I know nothing about that I couldn't get before I had a Temple Recommend. It promises to be confusing. So, in preparation I asked Danny if he needed new pants or shirt. He was playing the wii, so he was slightly unresponsive. Our conversation went something like this:

"Honey, Sara and I are going to the Distribution Center tomorrow, do you need me to get you anything?"
"I can just come with you...aw, come on! stupid squid."
"We were going to go out to lunch and go shopping for a dress to wear to the Temple-you know, kind of make a girls day of it"
"I thought you just bought two dresses"
"I bought two Temple dresses. I don't wear that to the Temple? Do I?"
"huh?...umm no...dang it, was that you Ryan? I hate these stupid bananas!....no, you wear a dress. You have lots of dresses"
"They don't fit me right now"
"Whatever, I think I need new pants, I'll just go with....did you see that!?! I was in first till just then!"
"Try on your pants. I can pick up new ones if they don't fit."

"Don't know where they are"
"Where's you Temple Bag"
"Dunno"
"It's not here in the closet......and it's not in the back room....did it get sent to storage for some reason?"
"ummm, I don't think so"
"Here's a black bag"
"DON'T OPEN IT!!"
"I wasn't going to. but you need to try on your pants"

The end result was that half an hour later he finally tried them on, declared that he needed new, and asked me to wash some stuff for him. It freaked me out at first, but next thing I knew I was filling up the sink with hot, soapy, bleach water washing socks and slipper/booties and a big white bag. Because come on, I have no idea how to clean it, but I figured that hand washing is safe and gentle and if I did it wrong, then he should have asked Sara like I told him to. So, back to my original statement. I will be glad when I don't feel the need to twirl around and face the wall as my husband holds a black bag and I hear the sound of a zipper. Or sit quietly with a look of pure confusion as others discuss things that leave my poor head spinning as they assure me that I'll understand later. Or ask my husband a question and see him adopt an expression one might wear as he tries to pass a kidney stone, and squirm like a five year old who has to go potty.

1 comment:

CF Is Not Forever said...

Hope you find/found a cute maternity dress!