Monday, May 26, 2008

Saturday

This weekend has been soo busy and event filled that I'm just barely getting a chance to sit down and catch my breath. The biggest and most amazing thing was Saturday. I went through the Temple and that afternoon, we went back and Danny, and I were sealed as husband and wife, then Devon was sealed to us to make our eternal family. It is so amazing to me that we were able to have that experience, and to know that Nate and all of our other children will be born under the covenant, so the rest of our family will be sealed with us from birth.
I have to say, it was an experience unlike anything I've ever done. And Nate liked it too. All morning, he was kicking and moving around. He finally settled down when we went to lunch, and I appeased him with Dr. Pepper. (Devon was into chocolate in a big way, and now Nate likes the soda. But that makes sense b/c Mom says that when she was pregnant with Danny his amniotic fluid was over 75% Dr. Pepper. She was on bed rest for the last month or so, and if she didn't drink a bottle everyday, Dan started kicking her into labor. Apparently an existence without Dr. Pepper isn't worth hanging around for!)
And once we came back in that afternoon, Nate was back to his kickboxing practice. I really and truly believe that babies, even before they're born, have such a close connection to Heavenly Father. They were just there with him, they remember things that we've forgotten and they have such a desire to be close to him. Looking back, I remember how much Devon loved going to church. And how much he enjoyed saying his prayers. And now Nate, he got super excited at Women's Conference when President Monson spoke, and he wouldn't stop moving around in the Temple. I really think that both of my boys were proud of me and Danny on Saturday.
I have to say, that as amazing as the afternoon was, I think I actually liked Saturday Morning the best. I learned so so so much, and realized that every cryptic thing that I have heard makes perfect sense. Talking with my husband now, it's as if a weight has been lifted from him as he discusses and answers questions without squirming or trying to figure out how to phrase it without saying too much. It is truly amazing how you feel, and how much you learn, and how quickly it all goes by. I was there from 7:30am to about 11:30, maybe 12:00 and it did not feel like more than an hour or two. I really really enjoyed myself and I can honestly say that I cannot wait to go back!

3 comments:

Coree Adams said...

Rachel, I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you guys! I bet that was an absolutely amazing experience. I wish we could have been there. I'll email you with the boring details about that one. I am just so happy for you I am so sad that I missed it. :( xoxoxo

Sara L said...

I am also so proud of you... Thank your for letting me be a part of your special day. I love you so much and I want you to know what an example you are to me. I am just glad you can go and be close to your son and with HF and Jesus in the temple now. It is truly something that I look forward to know, knowing that I have a place to be close to Emma. Love you both, well all four of you (counting Devon and Nate), so much!!!

Lisa said...

Rachel, I was so happy to find your blog. I am your dad's cousin Lisa. I am so very happy for you and Dan that you were able to go the Temple and be sealed and have little Devon sealed to you. What a great day it must have been. Love you guys.