Tuesday, April 14, 2009

6 months old!

My baby boy is 6 months old today! I can't believe how fast time has flown by. Nate went from a tiny, helpless baby to my big, crawling, solid food eating, smiling, babbling boy in such a short time. Last month he was 27 inches long and almost 16 pounds, when he was born, he was 20.5 inches and just over 9 pounds.
In six short months, Nate has done so many things. He's visited Grandma Adams twice. He's had his first Christmas, driven cross country to visit family in Illinois. He's been to the zoo more times than I can count. He has also mastered rolling, smiling, laughing, eating (and spitting) solid foods. He is currently learning to crawl, and is constantly expanding his babbling vocabulary.
I love to see his little face light up as I walk into his line of sight. He recognizes me, Dan, Lilly, Elara, Suzanne, his Grandpa, and Uncle Spencer. And as soon as he sees one of us, he smiles so big and sometimes lunges towards the person he wants to be held by. Nate is such a happy little boy, and he amazes me everyday. I can't believe how blessed I am to have been trusted with such a sweet baby.

No comments: