Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What's new in Anderson Land?

It's been crazy for us lately. Yesterday was surprisingly less sucky than I expected. Yes, I did have a couple of mini meltdowns, but all in all we were too busy for me to dwell.
Dan got a pharmacy tech training certificate, and he had an interview today. Fingers crossed! He thinks he did well, and we should know by the end of the week. I am so happy for that b/c he has been getting really discouraged lately. And, on the plus side, he would be working with Rob Garbrik, an old high school buddy. So they would get to carpool and hang out, and reconnect. Bless you, facebook for bringing long lost friends back together again!
Lilly has been spending a lot of time with us too. About 3-4 times a week, I watch her while Suzanne's at work. It's a lot of fun, but it's draining too. It really makes me rethink my original position of wanting to have another baby so soon. 2 kids in carseats is HARD! Of course, now kids are in carseats for like 15 years, so I guess it'll happen sooner or later.
Speaking of Lilly, this weekend I made a dress for her, all by myself! I was so proud, and I got really excited. So now I have another dress cut out and 5 more fabrics picked to make into dresses. It's so much fun! And it's easier than pants b/c I don't have to worry about buttons or snaps or elastic. Those are the banes of my existance. Though I really should get around to making Nate some cute things too. It's just that dresses are so much fun, and I went overboard and bought Nate so many clothes already.
Another fun update: Dan was called as the ward choir director. I think it's so that we don't leave early, since the choir meets after church, and we have a tendancy to skip out, especially if Nate isn't feeling it. I don't have a calling yet, but I know I'll end up helping Dan however I can. The funny thing is that I was actually planning on joining the ward choir b/c Dan and I decided that we are going to be a lot more involved in the new ward. That was one of our big issues in the old one. We got too "comfortable" and in a rut. And it was established early on that I was shy (right after the accidnet), and that never really changed. 2 years in that ward, and we never were asked to give a talk, or to say a prayer. Heck, we didn't have callings for over a year (asked to be released from Activites Comittee-again, right after the accident. I just wans't ready to plan fun activites for other people's kids. Especially since the ward Christmas party was so significant for me and Dan and Devon). Then, everyone kept confusing us with Sara and Justin and thinking we moved. So Dan wasn't even assigned HT. Now, we've been in this ward for about a month and Dan has a calling, we were asked to give the prayers in Sacrament Meeting, and we're going to the ward luau this weekend. I think that's some pretty good progress. Now I just need to get in the habit of VT. I've never been good about going. Honestly, I feel bad for my companions over the past 2 years. But, from now on, I'm going, and I'm going every month. That's my pledge to myself! Well, that's what we've been doing. And once I find the camera/computer cord, I'll post some newer pics.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Exciting news. Congrats on the calling to ward choir - that's a lot of work! Geoff and I take Jacob to choir with us and he loves all the music and people.