Tuesday, April 28, 2009

For Nate

Hi sweet boy. This is another letter from Mommy to let future you know what you're up to at 6 1/2 months old. Right now you're alseep, taking your morning nap so that you'll be well rested for a fun day of playing on the floor at Aunt Marilynne's house while Mommy scrapbooks. I'm about to pick up the photos I ordered. Just picking out my favorites, there are 154 picutres of you in the past 6 months!
Let's see, hmmm. Well, you've been getting better and better at crawling and babbling. I swear sometimes that you're saying mama and dada. I know that you're not quite big enough to actually say it and mean either me or daddy. But it's really cute. And watching you crawl around is so funny. You get up on your hands and knees and rock back and forth, or sometimes you plant your face into the ground then drag yourself forward. Then of course there's the circle crawl where you see something (usually Princess) and drag yourself around in a circle. You work so hard, and you move so much, but you don't get very far.
I've been singing primary songs for you and so far Popcorn Poppin on the Apricot Tree seems to be your favorite. I think it's the gestures. I love to see your face light up when you hear IIIIIII looked out the window, and what did I see?. By the time I've gotten to window, you're usually giggling. Everyone comments on how happy you are. I've even been asked if you ever cry. Nate, you are such a sweet, happy little boy. You smile and make happy faces at strangers in grocery stores. And you make new friends everywhere you go. I can't believe how lucky I am to have such a sweet little boy. I love you so much.

No comments: