Thursday, October 23, 2008

it's all about me!

Ok, so I've been going on and on and on about my sweet little brand new baby who I love so very much. But I'm still here too! Anyway, my biggest achievements are that I have managed to get caught up with my housework (almost), and I've lost that pesky water weight that had me swollen up to sausage feet and chipmunk cheeks. A whopping 11 pounds of water weight. So, that and the baby/delivery weight loss brings me to half of my pregnancy weight gain gone. Yay. The downside being that while it's an impressive number of lbs. gone, it was a very large number of lbs put on over the past 9 months. Now my biggest worry is that I won't lose all this baby weight before we get started again!
On a related note, I can finally wear my wedding ring again!!!!! The day I put it on was a day of great rejoicing throughout the land. Well, throughout my household......ok, maybe just by me. When I proudly held my ring adorned hand up to Dan, he asked where the baby was, and what I was doing. But when I did tell Dan why I was excited and why he should be too, he could hardly contain himself. He said, "good for you" and turned back to the computer, unable to hold in his emotion; not wanting me to see him tear up. At least that how I choose to remember it!
I'm doing well with this whole nursing thing too. My milk came in, and the engorgement phase is over. Also the horrible, horrible low back pain that I was feeling last week is finally over. I finally feel back to my old self, and I actually have more energy and zip than I've had for the past two months. Apparently it's easier to take care of the little guy from the outside rather than lugging him around inside. Though with that method there was less conscious effort. And less equipment. Over all, I prefer having him out in the world.
And that's all that's going on with me. for now. later I'll post again b/c Nate has some exciting news of his own!! Such a big boy.

No comments: