Thursday, October 23, 2008

My great big boy


Look at my sweet boy, all 21 and a quarter inches of him asleep on the ginormous king sized bed. I'd like to add that he had it all to himself for this particular nap.
Wait, what's this? Is something missing? Yeah, that's right, my little boy is growing up. His umbilical cord fell off today and now he's a big boy with a bellybutton and everything!

This one is from in the hospital. Little guy spent next to no time in his bassinet. Every chance he got, Daddy was cuddling and snuggling with him.

Isn't Lilly a big big girl? At only 3 months old, she's already able to hold her baby cousin.

Sitting side by side, you can tell these two are going to be good buddies. And that Lilly is excited to get to meet her sweet new baby cousin.
I've got to say, I love having a baby in the house again. It is so amazing to see how much he changes from day to day. I had forgotten how exciting it is to watch even the tiniest milestones being reached. Like today when I noticed that Nate's umbilical cord was gone, I proudly showed his daddy and then proclaimed that Nate was all grown up. That he's a little man now, not a baby anymore. As usual, Dan was able to point out that I was being a little crazy, and that at a week and 2 days old, Nate is still very much a baby. I just can't get over how much has changed in the past 2 weeks. And how different it is now that Nate has been born. And how awesome he is. As I've told Nate, he is literally the answer to a prayer, and he is a sweet gift from God.

3 comments:

Sara L said...

I am in love with your little man! He is precious. I can't wait to get our kiddos together. Miss you guys lots...can't wait for christmas.

Coree Adams said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I LOVE the picture of Lily and Nate together...PRECIOUS

Leigh said...

Congrats! I haven't been on your page for a while... I was wondering when your little one would come! Looks like you had a very similar birthing and HUGE baby experience as me! Yay for long labor and pitocin... Luckily, you didn't need an episiotomy. But for me, by that point, an episiotomy was very much welcomed. He is adorable. And I agree with what others have said, he looks just like Dan.