Saturday, October 11, 2008

Time for something different

Lately I've been dedicating my posts to one four letter word. And it's time to move on for a time. After all, that's not all that's going on with us right now. And also because I talked to my cousin Bryan tonight and though he's not usually a blog reader, he saw my last post and, well...sorry Bryan.
Anyway, Dan and I are doing well. He is still fighting his way through school, studying like crazy, and doing great cause he's super smart. Although we did have a talk the other day about his video game habits. He started playing World of Warcraft again with his brother. You may remember we've had difficulty with this before. In an earlier post, I posed the question 'can a nonhuman be considered a mistress?' Well, it started out innocently enough, but one night when he finally came to bed and asked me if I was ok, and what the matter was, I replied "the game is stealing your soul" (because as everyone know, I'm not the type to be overly dramatic). Since then it's been lots better. We even got a brandy new board game called pirate's cove. We are into strange, specialty board games that I've never heard of, but they are way cool. We don't have any of the games I grew up playing, like Monopoly or Scrabble or Life, or Clue, etc. We have games like Carcassone (and all 5 expansions) and Pentago, a zombie game called Last Night on Earth (super super fun! we had a game night when a bunch of Dan and Ryan's high school buddies were in town, and two of them bought it as soon as they got home). Just goes to show how boring we are. I cross stitch, Dan plays WoW and together we enjoy a good zombie board game.
Hmmm, maybe I lied, there's really not a whole lot going on with me right now. Other than that which shall not be mentioned. (At least not right now). I can't wait til I'm able to travel again, cause I wanna go see Grandma, and also Megan and Hunter. (Suzanne does too). And I can't wait to see my mil-she's coming out a week or two after-----the event that shall not be named-takes place.
Funny story, I was at Safeway today picking up some stuff for dinner. When I got to the car, the driver's door would not unlock. I tried using the keyless entry, and using the key itself...I even opened the passenger door, reached across and tried to unlock it from the inside. Nothing worked. The other 3 doors opened fine, but that didn't really do me a whole lot of good. So in the end, I had to go in through the passenger side and crawl over to the driver's seat. And since I am so travel sized and compact, the seat was really close to the steering wheel, so anyone who was in the parking lot at the time was probably doubled over laughing. I know I would have been. The worst part is that when I got home, I still couldn't get the dang door open, so I had to crawl over the seat again....but when we went out later, Dan got it to open in under 15 seconds. How I loathe that door!
Well, that's my excitement. My day literally consists of sleeping, feeding and watering the animals, reading, light housework, sleeping, waiting for Dan to get home from school, playing with the cats, napping, eating, reading and sleeping. The biggest things I've done this week are going to the grocery store today, swimming today, going to Chandler Mall to pick up the new board game, and going out to lunch with my aunt Patty a couple days ago. That's about it.
But, I do think that soon something with my mom is going to change. At least I hope so. I've been thinking a lot about it lately. It started a couple weeks ago when Suzanne told me that Mom told her to tell me to give her back the spare Corolla keys. And I sent her an email saying sure, give me a call and we'll get together. Well, she still hasn't, but one night lately Dan gave me a blessing and we were both surprised to hear my mom mentioned, and I was told that she does want to know me and my son. And then, when my aunt and I went to lunch (we had Chinese) my fortune cookie said that someone in my background was going to be more co-operative than usual. So, it raises my hopes that change is in the air.

2 comments:

Coree Adams said...

Hey I have a gift for you and Suzy (well for your B-A-B-Y's). Am I allowed to say that? :)

CF Is Not Forever said...

I'm glad Coree explained the 4 letter word you were referencing in her comment because I am so dense I couldn't figure it out. I know how much you and your sister love your Aunt Patty I'm glad you got to spend time with her!