Monday, January 21, 2008

The first step is admitting you have a problem

Ebay is addictive, and so is fabric and crafty stuff. And I am admitting here and now, publicly, that I have a problem.
It all started out innocently enough. I did have a genuine need to buy lots of cute fabric to make baby quilts out of. Then Sara and I started online shopping/browsing. It starts with a few seemingly harmless ebay searches. Then the frenzied bidding. And the competitive beast that takes over when the computer tauntingly tells you that you have just been outbid. And sudenly all the voices in your head are screaming "you're losing! don't be a loser! Turn this thing around and win it. C'mon, no pain no gain. You can do this!" And the next thing you know you're laying in an er room crying to the nurse that "I just did a "little" shopping. I would tell you if I did a lot."
But.....


...............the fabric is just soooooo cute. I can't resist it. I'm like a moth drawn to the light.

hmmm......I may have the potential to have just a little problem....maybe

3 comments:

Coree Adams said...

How fuN! I need to get my sewing machine working so I can be crafty too!!!

CF Is Not Forever said...

I agree - fabric can become an obesssion. My first job was at a fabric store and let's just say I didn't bring much of my paycheck home. Don't turn to me for help for your addiction, I too am in the 12 step program.

Sara L said...

I don't know what your talking about...maybe. Nice ER referance Rach.