Monday, January 28, 2008

My Husband Is AWSOME!!

In case you didn't all know, I LOOOOVVVVEEEEEEEE my husband, Dan Anderson! And I love food, and I love to cook. And strange as it may seem, the three are very closely tied. When we were first married (I know, it hasn't even been a year yet, but it seems like forever, I can't remember life not married to Danny anymore; can't even imagine it) , I was really self-conscience about cooking. I wouldn't even boil water or scramble eggs with him in the kitchen. And a lot of that goes back to previous experiences when another not so great guy constantly criticized my cooking, and once even looked into my crock pot as I bemoaned the failure and overcooking of my meal (which only happened b/c the people coming to dinner were 2 hours late) anyway, this hypothetical person looked down, put his hands on my shoulders and said "that doesn't look too good. I'm going to go for burgers"
That being said, I didn't cook too often, and when I did, it was tried and true, easy meals, or quesadillas-after all, who can mess up quesadillas? But Dan has been sooooo patient with me. And every time I cook, he finds something to compliment; even when I'm just grocery shopping or thinking of what to make. He tells me how geat he thinks I am, and as a direct result I get better. Which has led to my newly rediscovered love of food. The more he believes in me, the more I experiment and the better I am.
And that is among the many many many reasons that I love my husband, and am sooooo glad that we get to spend the rest of eternity together.

1 comment:

Coree Adams said...

THAT is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard. I am the same way. When Bryan is loving and complimentary on my cooking, I tend to do it more. Isn't it amazing how we work? If they only would remember that ALL the tiem and not just with our cooking. LOL