Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday Morning Inspiration

This is a new thing I'm trying out. My plan is that every Monday I will randomly flip through my scriptures, pick out a verse and share it (and what I get out of it) here with all of you. The catch is that it's just one verse, and without any backround information. Dan does this with me sometimes. He says that there are important messages in every indiviual verse of scripture.
Ready? On your mark, get set, scripture flip!!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
And the first weeky Monday Morning Inspiration is:
Alma 17:12
"And it came to pass that the hearts of the sons of Mosiah, and also those who were with them, took courage to go forth unto the Lamanites to declare unto them to word of God."
Here we see that the people (Mosiah's sons and companions) are preparing for missionary work, and in doing so they are muster up the courage to do what they need to do. I think this is very important because we, today, sometimes need a bit of courage to share the gospel or to answer friends' questions. I know that sometimes I get nervous about sharing what I believe, even with people I know. I worry that they'll think I'm weird, or nuts or that I'm being pushy and trying to convert them. So sometimes I just keep my mouth shut and let missionary opportunities pass me by. Or, when I do have conversations (especially at work) with others about what I believe I use phrases like, 'we' believe, or 'the Church teaches....' so I'm answering their questions and sharing my beliefs without acknowledging them as what my own such as: I believe, or what I KNOW.
So, here's my first Monday Morning Inspiration. Hope you enjoyed, we'll see how long this lasts, hopefully I don't lose interest too quickly.

1 comment:

Coree Adams said...

Thanks Rachel, I appreciate your new Monday Morning Inspiration...can't wait for next weeks!