Sunday, February 17, 2008

more late night ramblings

Doncha just love it when your sleep schedule gets off whack? Lately I've been getting up earlier, and taking a nap in the afternoon (like Jack, my one-year-old nephew). And speaking of Jack, yesterday was his birthday party. So I missed my nap what with all the merry-making, and frivolity and cake, and the dreaded clean-up. It's odd, but I'm actually more willing and motivated to clean other people's houses than I am to clean my own. Like right now I'm blogging instead of loading the dishwasher or putting in a load of laundry. But I digress. Yesterday when I finally got home, I was exhausted. Which Dan thinks is because I woke up too early and resisted his efforts to put me back to bed. So ten hours later, when I was sleepy again, he said
"See, I told you you should have gone back to bed."

"but I wasn't tired then"

"Yes you were, that's why you're tired now. You should listen to me. God says so."

"I know, but I really wasn't tired"

And the part about God saying so actually has some merit. Dan gave me a blessing and I was told to lean on my husband and depend on him to lead our family. So he uses that to make his point that I should listen to him. And I have to laugh, because usually what he's saying makes sense; I'm just too stubborn to admit it sometimes. But again, I digress.
So when we finally got home it was way too late for a nap. I tried to motivate myself to go out to the store and bank and whatnot, but that didn't happen either and I fell asleep at about 7:30pm. As you may be able to guess, that's waaaayyyyyyy to early to sleep for the night, and I woke up at midnight. Just in time to say family prayers, and for Dan to go to sleep. And that's why I'm subjecting the world to my ramblings at 4am.
The worst part about having such an off sleep schedule is the fact that there's really nothing to do at 4am. And no one else is awake, so you can't make plans, or pick up the phone to have a chat. And nothing but walmarts and gas stations are open so you can't run errands or go out to find some fun. And your body knows you should be asleep, so you're tired, but can't sleep.
Oh well, I guess it's time to at least try. If I'm lucky I'll sleep in, so I won't be exhausted at church, or pass out the moment I get home. I swear, I'm like a todler with my naps and crankyness.

2 comments:

CF Is Not Forever said...

I seem to have a bit of sleeping trouble myself lately. So I feel for ya!

Julie said...

Hi Rachel,
this is Julie Wright from your ward...you probably don't even know me...anyways, I somehow stumbled upon your blog. I too, never sleep so your not alone. I stay up all night reading these dang blogs...they are so addiciting. Talk to you soon.