Tuesday, September 30, 2008

another crazy, hare brained theory

It's that time again. Time to unleash another crazy, hare-brained theory on the world. After dodging the Home Teachers for most of the month, Brother Turley finally cornered us this past Sunday and arranged to visit us today. When I say dodging, I kid..honestly. Our Home Teacher is really good about getting to us, and trying early. It's really our fault that it's the last day of the month, and he's coming tonight. We're flaky like that.
And it's not because we don't like the HT, or because we don't believe in the concept/principal of Home Teaching....To be totally truthful, more often that not, it's because I don't feel like committing to having a clean house, or having visitors. Though it does work out, because my Visiting Teacher is married to our Home Teacher, so that makes only one, instead of two visits to worry about.
So, that being said, here is my crazy hare-brained theory: I am slightly convinced that the reason for Home Teaching is so that once a month, the bathrooms are clean, the living room is picked up, there are no socks on the living room floor, the table is cleared, all my sewing/crafty supplies are put neatly away, the floors are mopped/vacuumed, the laundry and dishes are done and put away, all at the SAME time!
Not to say that I don't clean, it's just more likely that a couple of things on that list will not be done at any given time (usually the kitchen b/c no matter how spic and span I get it, the next day it's trashed again!). So, I think that the purpose of Home Teaching is to make sure that I have to clean up, spic and span every month.

**disclaimer-this is truly crazy Rachel talk, this is in NO way, shape, or form anything even closely resembling an even semi-official Church teaching!

2 comments:

Coree Adams said...

hahaha! I totally agree...it may not be a gospel principle....but it is SOOO TRUE!

kmaltby said...

I have to agree there have been a few times myself that I have put off Home teacher due to a house that is not clean. Luckily our home teacher is persistent.