Saturday, September 27, 2008

YAY!!!!!

I got calls today from my brother-in-law, my mother-in-law and finally my sister-in-law. Sara's baby was born today. As of yet, her name is to be announced. Personally, I'm still rooting for Madilyn. She is 19 1/2 inches long, and weighs in at an impressive 7lbs 8oz.
I'm soooo happy for Sara, especially after all the headache she went through to get the pleasure of having a c-section. From nurses who didn't believe she was in labor even though she was having consistent contractions 4 min apart, but wasn't dilating (because she never does...that's why she has c-sections) to the doctor that said it wasn't real labor, but come back if anything changes to the doctor who finally agreed to move her c-section up a week, but it had to be a black market c-section, under the table and off the books...they wouldn't schedule her earlier, but he said to come into the ER when he was on call, and he'd take care of her.
Anyway, from what I hear, my new niece is beautiful....but what mom doesn't say that? (and what aunt doesn't believe it?) And she looks like her mom and her big sister.
I thought for a minute or two there that maybe the cousins would be born on the same day, but Nate decided he doesn't want to share his birthday. I was at 2cm when I saw the doctor today (eat your heart out Sara!), and started contracting very irregularly as we were hearing the updates about Sara and the baby. Now Nate has settled down, and I'm going to try to get some rest, but Dan and I are both having the feeling that he's going to be a guest at his baby shower next week.

1 comment:

Coree Adams said...

No wonder she isn't responding to my emails! She wanted to order something from me and I never heard back. Tell her congrats! Now its your turn!!! Be sure and text me a pictures!