Friday, September 5, 2008

Lilly and Uncle Dan, the Baby Whisperer

Tonight Dan and I got to babysit for our niece Lilly for the first time. She is soooooo cute and adorable and darling, and precious and beautiful and cute! But I forgot about Dan's hidden super power. He is Dan, the Baby Whisperer. Meaning that he can hold an infant or toddler and put them to sleep effortlessly. No matter how wound up they may be, or how difficult they usually are to put down. So, in the first 5 minutes of her being here, Dan ended up holding her because I had to make my 586,387th trip of the day to the bathroom. And by the time I got back into the living room, she was out. Seriously, I don't know how he does it, but I am grateful that he can-after all, someone is going to have to put Nate to bed every night.

2 comments:

CF Is Not Forever said...

That is hilarious! Go Dan go! Some guys do have a magical knack with kids whether they want it or not! Your bathroom comment got a Kamarah chuckle as well!

Justin said...

Wow, over half a million trips to the bathroom in a single day!

Amazing.

Simply amazing.