Friday, September 19, 2008

Bed Bath and Beyond-why have you failed me?-I owe you an appology

The following is not true. And I feel compelled at this time to issue a retraction of my angry comments against Bed Bath & Beyond. As it turns out, the shams and the decorative pillows that I thought had not been included were, in fact, folded into the comforter. I would like to apologize for my passionate outburst that turned out to be preemptive and incorrect.

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! This is a rant, which is very different from how I usually rave about Bed Bath & Beyond. I LOVE that store. It's filled with all kinds of homey stuff that I can bring home and proudly show to my uninterested husband. He's still trying to figure out why I brought home "stupid curtains that don't even cover the window" (valences), and "why is our bed covered with all these pillows? And why are two of them the wrong shape?" (euro pillows) He just shakes his head when I bring crazy gadgets like an avocado slicer, or a cherry pitter, or a salad bowl that you put ice in the bottom of to keep your salad crisp. Though he does like the dryer balls. Not that he uses them appropriately, he uses them as massagers, or cat toys.
Anyway, although I usually love BB&B, today they have pissed me off! The sheet/comforter set that I bought there 2 months ago on a day that I forgot my coupons totally fell apart. The comforter ripped, and the decorative embroidery on the pillowcases had a bunch of loose threads. Luckily they are super helpful there and they have great customer service and a really lenient return policy. So I was able to take it back, and I went with another set, because even though I loved that pattern, I'm mad at it for falling apart!
So, as I was getting ready to make the bed so I can get some much needed rest (after all, I only had 1 nap today :( --I know, I'm a wuss, but I'm ok with that) I noticed that a few pieces are missing. So, now I have to take this one back too, and exchange it for a set that has all of the pillow shams, and decorative pillows. After all, Dan loves that his bed is covered with "all these stupid pillows" (especially the ones that are the wrong shape)

No comments: