Monday, March 10, 2008

Can a non-human be considered a mistress?

This is directed at all the WOW wives out there. I have to know, do any other husbands get crazy obsessed with this silly, silly game? I mean, I walk in the door after a long, arduous night at work and give my sweetie a kiss; (naturally he's still up-it used to be because he waited up for me, but now he's blowing up eggs in palm trees and playing with his flying robot chicken) and when he asks me how my day was I make the mistake of answering. Little do I know that marika or jaladin will 'vent' him and that conversation will immediately take precedence over any boring thing I might say. After all, they have to be organized in their attack, otherwise the giant spider will kill them faster than they can rez and they won't get enough points to buy the really cool armor with the eyeballs on it, or the green flaming sword. And without that forget about ever getting a decent 5v team, apparently all the other people playing an online video game at 4am are very judgemental and laugh at people who aren't tiered or seasoned, or decked out, or whatever. And the best part is that you can type something in and the computer will tell you exactly how many hours of your life you have devoted to leveling, and getting your pet trained, and whatnot. Dan is currently declining my request to check out how many hours he's spent. But I know that it's measured in weeks, if not months.
Now I have to admit that I spend a fair amount of time on seemingly worthless pursuits, such as reading my Xanth novels-which are HI-LARIOUS- or blogging, or checking what to expect during this week of pregnancy for the fourth time this week. But I like to think that I can put these things down. I mean, I can quit any time i want to.
I don't know...maybe I'm being too harsh. But I have to admit that at times I am very, very jealous of the computer. Almost to the point where I would rather find him looking at scantily clad women than playing WOW when I see him sitting at the computer. And sometimes at night I have nightmares that he's leaving me for Aeragorn.
(OK, so I may have exaggerated that last part just a little)

1 comment:

Coree Adams said...

hahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahaa