Saturday, March 1, 2008

Hacienda del Adams

we just got back into town and this weekends was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We went up to Grandma's Friday after Spencer got out of school and listened to Flogging Molly while watching the Princess Bride on the portable DVD player. An interesting combination to say the least. When we made it Grandma's she had a delicious chicken noodle soup for us with homemade rolls that Leslie helped to make. The girls were so excited to see us, and I have to say, the feeling was mutual. Tina told me that Conner had been saying all day "Rachel is coming" He is such a cute little kiddo. I look at him sometimes and imagine what Devon would be like. They were only 5 months apart. But at the same time Connor is defiantly his own little person. Over dinner we were regaled with tales of the exploits of Mikaila and Leslie, and we found out there's a mean boy on their bus who they endearingly call the Kraken.
We woke up super early this morning. Well, I guess 9am isn't super early to most people, but it is when you work nights. And I was super impressed when I saw Grandma making toast. In the oven! How cool is that??? But unfortunately I forgot that I had brought my camera, so no pics of Grandma and the girls, and Tina and Connor
The secondary objective of our trip was to visit my dad's ranch. only Spencer had ever been, and Suzanne didn't even believe it existed. To get there, we had to go on a road that runs through a usually dry wash. There's a bridge to the side, but it was closed when we got there. Dad, not being one to back down from a challenge, bravely drove his jeep up to the raging river.

And, yes, that is my daredevil husband in the back, standing up. I on the other hand, cried to my dad "Daddy I don't want to get wet. I don't want to get wet. Daddy no, I don't want to get wet!" So I got out and started snapping pictures.


While Dad was willing to brave the river, and my daredevil husband was having the time of his life, the poor Jeep wanted nothing to do with its people's nonsense. As he pulled up to the water, the Jeep died on him. And Dad tried starting it three more times. But the Jeep wanted nothing to do with it. "no, I won't go. You can't make me. I'm staying right here!" Then dad said, "OK, fine we're going back. you just need to start up so I can back you up and we can go."


"NOOOOOOO...........you lied to me!!!!!!!!!!!!"


"Well, it's too late to go back now"

Ok, I'm getting too lazy to keep doing a picture by picture replay so I'm going to try to get a slideshow going here. I'll be right back.


Ok, I don't know if this will work or not, but oh well. I tried. The pictures of the Jeep tire are from when Suzanne and Joe took it out and ran over a sharp pointy rock. At first, Dad said we didnt' have a jack. So Dan was plotting and scheming and trying to figure out a way to change a tire without a jack. He had an ingenious plan worked out, and as he started to explain it to Dad, he laughed and said we did have a jack. So we took the easy way out and Dan didn't get to try his schemes. Anyway, we had a ton of fun, and got to visit the ranch and just had fun all day. It was great!

3 comments:

CF Is Not Forever said...

Your Dad would have a ranch! I love your Dad, he is one of my favorite uil's! The pictures are awesome and I bet Dan was loving ropping around in a jeep like that!

Coree Adams said...

HOW FUN! Suzanne looks so cute preggers. I'm glad you guys got to go see Grandma, we REALLY need to get up there.

Justin said...

How exactly does one tackle the problem of changing a Jeep tire without a jack? I'm imagining Dan just hoisting the Jeep on his back like he's in the World's Strongest Man competition and the event is called the Jeep hold. Whoever holds the Jeep up for the longest wins.