Wednesday, March 26, 2008

more ramblings

You may think that I've been kind of a slacker lately. And, well... I have been. Last week Dan and I were pretty bummed because we weren't able to make it out to Illinois for Easter. P.J.-my youngest bro-in-law (cooler than my little bro b/c I can still take him out, whereas Spencer can kick my trash now) got his Eagle Scout on Saturday which makes it a double bummer that we couldn't make it. I really wanted to go out b/c seriously, how much of a chance are we going to get this year? There is NO WAY that I'm taking a one (or even two)-month-old on an airplane to visit for Thanksgiving (or Christmas). And we can't really go out too late into the summer b/c I won't be able to fly. Not too keen on a three day car trip 8 months pregnant.
But on the plus side, everyone's coming out for our Sealing this summer. FYI~tentative date is set for May 24..not official, just what we're shooting for. And as long as Sara doesn't mess it up, Mom's coming out when the baby's born. And FYI Sara, you can't "dibs" Mom...if you don't have your baby on time, that not my fault-I mean c'mon, you actually schedule your delivery, I have to wait till baby's good and ready...Besides, you're the slacker who's already a week behind your original due date. And you got Mom for Jack and Emma..my turn!
So we definitely have a lot...A LOT to look forward to as the months roll by. OOOOHHHHHHH..and we bought a car yesterday. We got a Corolla (like my old car...I mean, my mom's car) and it is AWESOME!!!! So, no more bumming rides off our generous siblings/Daddy...and no more carpooling with a heavy smoker to work, and if I decide that I need to go out at 4:30am, I can do it! I can't believe we went so long without a vehicle.
Anyway, I've decided on a new way to end posts. Since I seem to be obsessed with compiling and collecting interesting quotes, I'll share one (or two) that touch me right now:

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?"

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much

3 comments:

Coree Adams said...

How exciting Rachel!! We would love to be there if you have room for us! Love you guys!

CF Is Not Forever said...

Corolla's rock the house. Maybe we can get together and race our awesome Corolla's together. I bet they will be friends, we should definitely set up a play date.

Yeah for the sealing coming up soon!

CF Is Not Forever said...

Thanks for your Great Stides support Anderson family! It means more than you know! Thanks for the love and support. I am so excited to spend time with you both at the campout - see you soon!