Saturday, March 29, 2008

fun, faire, and merry making

Today was an all day date fest for Dan and me. It started out at the Rennisance festival. Fun, food, shows and the occasional gawking at the cool things we had no intention of buying. We saw the Dead Bob show, while slighty vulger at times, overall it was fun. And the jousting this year featured a pirate. We didn't stay for the last joust, but Spencer says that the pirate won the joust to the death. And the pet dragons that sit on your shoulder and move up and down or side to side based on how you turn the know at the end of the cable, anyone know what I'm talking about????.........well, I got one. I bought a $5 styrofoam egg and when it was craked open, it had a voucher for a $35 item. How cool is that?! And Dan and I made a wax hand! I have always wanted to do that, and this time it happened. Dan did the strong man hammer hit and got it past the top line, but didn't quite ring the bell. And we tried the archery, but I wasn't too good at it. Actually I accidentally let go too soon and I decked myself in the face! LOL....but I did way better at the dart throwing. I actually hit a balloon and won a plastic cutlass. Which works out well because in a fit of pregnancy-induced craziness last night I made Dan sit up with me and figure out what the baby will dress up as for Halloween. We decided that if it's Nicole, she'll be a Disney Princess; and if it's Nathan, he'll be a pirate. So the plastic cutlass will work out well if it's Nathan. And if we find out that it's Nicole we can always give the cutlass to Jack. After all, what one-year-old doesn't need a weapon to bludgeon his newborn sibling with?
And you would think that that would be enough to fill the day of any couple. At least you would if you didn't know us Andersons. We went straight from there to see a movie with Rob Garbrick, his sister, and his fiancee. Dan and Rob were super close in high school, and got back in touch lately. They are a really fun couple, and Rob and Dan have some very interesting stories from their youth that they rehashed. The cool thing is that next week they're moving right down the street, so we'll be able to hang out more often. I think that's a good thing for Dan. Rob can be Dan's new 'man mate' when Justin moves. LOL.

2 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

Congrats on the little one!

Sara L said...

Justin the man mate cannot just be simply replaced...