Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Resoultions Update

Ouch, I was just re-reading some old posts when I came across this:

1.this year I will...keep in touch better. My goal is to call Grandma Adams at least once a month and my dad, sister, and in-laws at least once a week.
2.This year I will...always have my home clean enough to feel comfortable having people over. Regardless of how late I work, even if it means not being as critical and judging cleanliness so strictly.
3.This year I will...finish reading the Book Of Mormon with Dan. We've been reading since before we got married and at the rate we're going, Our yet unborn sons will be leaving or even coming home from their missions before we're done.
4.This year I will...Read the Sunday school lesson before it's taught. At least once a month.
5.This year I will...buy less for myself. I know I don't always need the new dress or shoes or shirt, etc. Even if it is super cute and even if it is on sale.
6.This year I will...continue to tell my husband every day how great he is and show him how much I love him.
7.This year I will not...be late to Sacrament Meeting. I will be there to sing the opening hymn...not just catch the end in the foyer. (or miss it altogether)
8.This year I will not...make jokes at my husband's expense, or repeat anything he wouldn't want said. I didn't even really realize I was doing this until he told me actually. But I want to stop NOW because I want Dan to know that I love and respect him and want him to be comfortable knowing that I'm not embarassing him.
9.This year I will not...be envious of other parnets and their families. Even when I see in the news or in magazines that parents are acting in an unfit manner.

I'm about 50% on 1, doing well on number 2 (now that Suzanne's here, lots more people come over anyway), hmmm, as for #3, I may have to wake Dan up right now and read till he goes to school. (We're still not out of 2nd Nephi). I haven't done 4 once yet, although 5 is going ok, and 6 is in the bag. I wonder if I was being overly ambitious with number 7; that one's not working out too well either. And on 8 I'm actually doing worse now than ever....but that's because Dan says and does more funny things now that I'm pregnant (like the whole 'fat with child' thing). But I do think that I've come a long way with number 9. Even though it still seems unfair that some people get to have their kids with them when they don't seem to appreciate them, I don't find myself crying in Ikea anymore, or yelling at magazines, or even aching when I see a child. I can see a family together and feel happiness for them that they get to be together, and don't begrudge others their happiness because of what's happened to me.
Wow, that's only 5 of 9 that I'm doing anything with. And 3 that I've made zero progress on. Well, I have almost another 10 months to go, so I guess I'll just have to step it up!

3 comments:

CF Is Not Forever said...

You are doing fine!!! Hey are you going to the camp out in April or what?

Coree Adams said...

You are doing great! I'm proud of you.

Justin said...

One of my resolutions is to go to law school without upsetting family who want us not to move away.

I think I've blown it.