Tuesday, April 22, 2008

AFR '08

This past weekend marked the millionth annual Adams Family Reunion campout! Well, maybe not the millionth, but it's beeen going on since before I was born. It all started out with my Dad's grandma Adams, Christine. That's why the campout is when it is, it's around her birthday. And why the raffle started. Originally the raffle's purpose was to help pay for her medical and medicinal expenses.

Well, now that you all know that fun trivia.....the campout was a blast. We got there a lot later than I wanted to, but such is life. Suzanne and Joe had apartment business to conduct Saturday morning, so we had to wait for them. And with me thinking we were heading to Payson, not Globe, well.....we got a little off track. At least we made it in time for the raffle. Sadly however, we just missed the pinata. Not that it's a huge deal, but I was left with 2 bags of candy that I really didn't want. Luckily for me, my very gracious little brother Spencer was willing to scarf down the Starbursts. I was really really lame with my raffle contribution this year. I bought a swiss army knife and put in the panda blanket that Suzanne and I made forever ago. I didn't know at the time, but Dan was apparently pretty attached to the blankie and put tickets (with my name on them) in for it. And I won. Which really startled me. So I made them re-draw and my cousin Megan won it next.

And Saturday night we camped, and I was so worried about being cold. But fortunatly our tent and sleeping bags were cozy warm and snug. Sunday morning we hung out with Grandma, Colt and his wife and son, Tina and her kiddos. And we got tons of cool photo-ops that I can't post right now because I gave Suzanne my camera and I don't know how to get the pictures from Dan's camera to the computer. We got one with Megan, Suzanne and me...the three preggos.

But I have to say the most fun part was tormenting my little brother, with help from Dan. I bought raffle tickets just for him, and he ended up winning the little girl hair bows that Kamarah made! And on Sunday, Spencer was sleeping late in the truck. So I opened the door and stole his sleeping bag. Then Dan picked him up and carried him on his shoulder to the campfire, while Tyler-Colt's son-followed with his shoes. It's fun to torment Spencer. Unfortunatly he's too big for me to take on my own anymore. And Dan ususally doesn't help me pick on him, but anytime Spence got anywhere near my stomach, Dan jumped in to keep the baby safe! : D

All in all, it was a really fun time. We got to see everybody, all of Roy's and my dad's kids were there with their families. And Curtis's boys came out too. That's what I love about the campout...you get to get out of town, and into the fresh air and see everyone together for a fun, relaxing weekend.

No comments: