Thursday, April 3, 2008

Awesome baby updates

Today I had my fist ultrasound appointment. It is soo amazing how detailed the pictures are. I'll try to get some up soon, but I don't know how to scan them without ruining them. And I'm kind of scared to try. But we were basically in to check and make sure the baby's healthy. It was a screening for down syndrome and a couple of other things. Everything checked out really well in the pictures, now they just have to compare it to the blood they took. That sucked! It was a finger prick, but the first stick didn't have enough blood to fill all the circles completely so she had to do a second one. All I can say is No me gusta! But we did get to see the heart beating, and we heard it this time too. We even saw all four chambers of the heart and the two hemmispheres of the brain. How cool is that!? It's a little early to know the gender quite yet, but it kind of looks like a boy. That's what she said at first, but then from a different angle, it wasn't as clear. So it could go either way, but looking like it's little Nathan on his way. Dan is super psyched about that. He's been saying the whole time that it's a boy, and I've been saying a girl...so he's happy he was right. And it was so super cool watching all the movement. Because he was stretching his arms, and legs and moving around and rolled over at one point. She was having a hard time keeping the probe thingy positioned right to get the measurements she needed!

2 comments:

CF Is Not Forever said...

Awesome! Those are the most exciting appointments!! Can you feel it to yet or is it just faint flutters still? I am so excited! Hey you and Megan and Suzie will all have a baby close in age! What a party!

Coree Adams said...

That is so exciting! Being pregnant is amazing isn't it? I LOVE IT!