Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sunday warm fuzzies

Don't you just love when you go to church and come away with a warm, fuzzy happy feeling that follows you through the week? This Sunday youth speakers were featured-no adult speakers, and two musical number-it was AWESOME! The topic that really stuck out to me was personal revelation. Later, in Relief Society, one of the sisters shared a story of her sister-in-law. She wasn't terribly interested in converting, and said that she would whenever the angel Moroni landed on her front lawn and told her to. She never got a visit from Moroni, but she did, little by little get the promptings that told her it was true. And six years later, she was baptized. And it got me thinking, how often do we want the big earth shattering announcement, and not pay as much attention to the still small voice? More importantly I wanted to share with everyone my undying faith that personal revelation is always true. Unfortunately we sometimes misinterpret. Two such examples spring to my mind. Which is why I didn't share. They both have to do with Priesthood blessings which, I know, isn't quite the same as personal revelation, but it's close enough for comparison. Right before I went into court for the custody battle with the jerk for Devon, I got a blessing and I was told "Heavenly Father knows the righteous desires of your heart, and wants Devon to be a part of your new family" At the time, I was feeling pretty confident about the court date and I was sure that I would get full custody, and everything else I asked for. Instead custody was shared, with parenting time 50-50. I got full religious decision making. After Devon passed on, that's one of the reasons that we were able to get approval so easily and quickly to be sealed to him. And now, at the end of the month, he will be forever a part of my new family.The night of the accident, both Devon and Emma got blessings. And they were supposed to be okay. That's what Kami said. Well, it's easy to interpret that one, right? The kids are going to come through all right, and nothing bad will happen, right? Well, they are both okay. They live with Jesus and Heavenly Father. And they get to be where I want to get to. The difference is that they get to go right there, but I have to work really hard to get to be back with Devon again. So they are okay. As I said, the words are never wrong. But some times, we get the meaning mixed up.

No comments: