Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Excitement Lurks around every corner

excitement is lurking around every corner right now. In two days, Dan and I and Sara and Justin and Kami and Mom and Nana are all leaving our respective homes to meet up in Provo for Women's Conference! I can't WAIT!!! It also happens to be the one year anniversary of my marriage to Courtenay Daniel Anderson. Can anyone believe that it's been a whole year already. It's flown by so quickly, but in some ways it seems like we've always been together. I can't imagine life without him. Especially considering little Nathan on the way....that could be awkward without Dan around.
I'm on vacation this week, so you would think that I have all the time in the world to clean up my house and pack and prepare for the trip. But instead I've been out with Suzanne picking up stuff for her baby shower.
Which is lurking excitement number two: Suzanne's baby shower is currently scheduled for Friday, May 23rd at 6:30pm. Invitations will be going out as soon as I get addresses, but in the meantime, if you're reading this, consider yourself invited. Now some of you may be jumping up to jot the day down on your calender and thinking to yourselves, "is she CRAZY?!?!?! Doesn't she realize what's happening the very next day?"
That leads us to another bit of excitement just waiting to jump out at me from behind a corner. I've called the Temple, I've set up my interviews, and we're set so far for our sealing to be on May 24th, at 4:00. Again, more formal invites/info will be coming soon-in the mean time, all are invited. So it's basically all set-unless something unforeseen happens in the next week. Tomorrow I have my interview with the Bishop. (when I told my dad, he asked what the bishop's name is. When I told him our bishop is Alan H. Hardy, dad said that he can't do my interview. Because he was always told you had to be interviewed by the Bishop Rick!)
I can't wait. I have been looking forward to being sealed to Danny since we got married. And the very best part is that we will also be sealed with Devon too. Ever since we found that out, it's been literally a weight off our minds. And it makes it seem like there really was a reason for what happened; it wasn't just our lives being crapped on.
But I've found that it also opens doors to missionary opportunities at work. As I explain why I'm requesting two days off during our second busiest week of the year, people are confused and often ask, "aren't you two already married?" So it's a neat chance to talk about the temple, and eternal families, and the different Degrees of Glory. The best part is that since I haven't been through yet, when I talk about the Temple I can't talk about things that shouldn't be discussed-because I don't know them yet! :D
So May is going to be an action-packed adventure thrill ride. Oh yeah, it's also my birthday the day after the sealing. I'm going to be 23. Somehow though everything else seems more exciting.

1 comment:

Coree Adams said...

I am BEYOND excited for all these exciting things that are coming up! You continue to be such an example to me, I look up to you and your strengths make me feel like I can be a stronger person through adversity. Love you!!!