Tuesday, April 1, 2008

a sad poem, written by me


I miss you more and more each day
I can't understand why you went away.
I wish that you could just come home
I feel so sad and all alone.
No matter how many people are by my side
How many have been here since you died?
No one sees my pain so deep
I try not to cry, not one peep.
Since you left, it's not the same
My heart is full not of love, but pain.
It's not that I don't feel love anymore
but the pain is stronger, and I can't ignore
The empty place you used to be
In my arms, my heart, my memories
I still can see your smiling face
I can hear your little voice so sweet
Running around, you lead, I chase
I catch you, tickle you till you laugh,
And hear you say momee
But it's in my dreams now
Because Death took you away from me.
What is sadder?
losing you, or to have never known you at all?

1 comment:

CF Is Not Forever said...

A well written poem, thanks for sharing it. You are in my prayers today.